ACUA/Deloitte Webinar - Conflicts of interest and commitment: risk and internal audit considerations to elevate community engagement.
In this session, we will provide an overview of conflict of interest and conflict of commitment, and considerations of each that can be applied at your university. We will explore internal audit considerations to analyze outside interests and activities and discuss the importance of managing conflicts without discouraging parties from outside involvement. Industry leaders will share their experience in auditing and maintaining compliance in these areas.
November 10, 2022, from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Central (1 hour)
Speakers: Tina Griffiths, Tara Atkins, Lisa Palazzo
Job titles of those for whom this presentation is targeted/appropriate:
- Chief Audit Executives
- Higher Education Internal Auditors
- University Compliance Personnel
- University Risk Management Personnel
After attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the risks of conflicts of interest and commitment and inappropriate conflict management
- Assess the current state of reporting and compliance at your University and identify areas where gaps may exist
- Explore strategies Internal Audit departments can deploy to appropriately management conflicts and promote external involvement.
Field of Study: Auditing
Program Level: Overview
Advance Preparation: None
Type of Delivery Method: Group-internet-based
Cost: No Cost
Number of Credits: 1.0*
View Recording Here
View Materials here