Ali Subhani, CIA, CISA, GSNA
Ali Subhani is the Director for Internal Audit at Collin College. He is a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor and a GIAC Systems and Network Auditor. Ali is a proud Comet having received both his undergraduate and graduate degrees in Accounting and Information Management from UT-Dallas. In addition, Ali has a certificate in Internal Audit from the school’s Center for Internal Auditing Excellence. Prior to joining Collin College, Ali served as the Executive Director of Audit Services at Texas Woman’s University. His prior experience has also included managing the IT Audit function at UT- Dallas. In total, Ali has over 14 years of experience in carrying out audits and investigations. His expertise also extends to Teammate; he co-led the Technical work stream to consolidate disparate Teammate systems from across UT System onto a single consolidated infrastructure.
Ali has served as the President for Texas Association for College and University Auditors (TACUA). He also has worked with and mentored internal audit students on audits to provide them with actual audit experience.
Mr. Subhani’s areas of expertise are:
- Data Analytics
- Fraud investigations
- Performing detailed application reviews over Elearning, OnBase, PeopleSoft, C-Cure, C-Bord
- Oracle Databases
- Active Directory
- Conducting a General Controls Audit on Mainframe, Server Farm and Server Facilities
- Auditing Procurement Card Systems
- Auditing Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
- Implementing Continuous Auditing Models
- Auditing Disaster Recovery