Ali Subhani, CIA, CISA, GSNA
Texas Woman's University
Ali Subhani is the Chief Audit Executive for the Texas Woman's University in Denton, TX. He is a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor and a GIAC Systems and Network Auditor. Ali is a proud Comet having received both his undergraduate and graduate degrees in Accounting and Information Management from UT-Dallas. In addition, Ali has a certificate in Internal Audit from the school’s Center for Internal Auditing Excellence. Prior to joining the university, he worked for Palm Harbor Homes. In total, Ali has more than a decade of experience in carrying out audits and investigations. His expertise also extends to Teammate, he co-led the Technical work stream to consolidate 14 disparate Teammate systems from across UT System onto a single consolidated infrastructure.
Ali promotes the internal audit profession through his involvement with his local ISACA chapter having served as the Webmaster. In addition, he currently serves as the President for Texas Association for College and University Auditors (TACUA). He also works with and mentors internal audit students on audits to provide them with actual audit experience.
Mr. Subhani’s areas of expertise are:
- Data Analytics
- Performing detailed application reviews over Elearning, OnBase, PeopleSoft, C-Cure, C-Bord
- Oracle Databases
- Active Directory
- Conducting a General Controls Audit on Mainframe, Server Farm and Server Facilities
- Auditing Procurement Card Systems
- Auditing Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
- Implementing Continuous Auditing Models
- Auditing Disaster Recovery