The Association of College and University Auditors believes that internal auditors add tremendous value to their institutions. By providing independent and objective assurance and consulting activities, internal auditors help improve the effectiveness of operations, risk management, and governance.
Internal auditors typically work closely with their governing boards, audit committees, and business offices; however, other campus departments may not understand the purpose and value of internal auditing in higher education. To help promote the value, you may wish to or be asked to make presentations or create documents explaining the purpose of your office and the services provided. ACUA has gathered documents and presentations from member institutions that may benefit in developing your own presentations.
- Audit Overview
- Overview of Internal Auditing
- Management Presentation by University of Lethbridge
- “Internal Audit: We Are” – Salt Lake City Community College
- “Internal Auditing: Welcome to the Real World” – University of South Florida
- “Sound Business Practices” – University of Colorado
- The Value of Internal Audit - Georgia Tech (2011)